Have you seen the forecast?! The Weather Channel shows that the low on Saturday night is 17 here in Ivanhoe! Our weather station usually shows 2 degrees colder than what the Weather Channel shows. 15 degrees is officially soup weather. There may be some cocoa and hot apple cider in the forecast, too.
This time of year, I’m always serving lots of fresh veggies and clean protein like this soup. And, until further notice, the inside of our house looks like a San Francisco fog bank rolling in off the Pacific with all the essential oils being diffused. I’m doing my best to keep the germs and cooties away.
So, put some logs on the fire, turn on some nice music, plug in the diffuser and enjoy the soup.
P.S. Any veggies would work great in this soup, green cabbage, bok choy, broccoli, whatever.
Next time, I will share the whys and hows of beef bone broth. It’s so easy! You’ll never buy it at the store again. We have beef bones for sale if you want to make your own.
Cozy Burger Soup
Electric pressure cooker fast easy hamburger soup recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or venison
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into coins
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes w/ juice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 bag frozen veggies (I prefer peas, carrots, corn and green beans)
- 1 qt homemade beef bone broth or 1 carton of beef broth
- Brown meat and onions on the saute setting on your pressure cooker. After browning, turn off the saute setting and add all other ingredients minus the bag of frozen veggies. When adding the gravy mix, premix some of the broth into the mix before adding to the pot.
- Set pressure cooker to stew/soup setting for 20 minutes. After cooking allow enough time for pressure to release the pressure. Upon opening the lid, add the frozen veggies and close lid back for 10 minutes. The hot soup will cook the veggies.
- NOTE: Any veggies work in this recipe. What's in your frig? Green cabbage? Bok choy? Broccoli? Any veggies would be great!
Cozy Burger Soup
Pressure Cooker Style